Suzuki’s new V-Strom 800DE just released at EICMA sports a host of new features in an all-new model. Closer examination of the new 800DE’s specs, show it’s targeted at the BMW 850GS and Triumph Tiger 900 markets in terms of weight and modern electronics.
Some key features are a 270-degree firing order parallel-twin engine, advanced traction control, ride-by-wire throttle, TFT display, five-gallon fuel capacity and more at just over 500lbs claimed curb weight. While MSRP has not been released yet, at the right price this could be a really attractive entry for the brand who has leaned so heavily on the 650cc and 1050cc offerings for over a decade.
Will Suzuki’s new and long-awaited entry to the mid-sized ADV bike category be enough to entice off-brand and current Suzuki owners into their new platform? Check out the press release below for more information and let us know!
Brea, CA – The resounding success of the V-Strom product line has opened a new chapter with the all-new 2023 V-STROM 800DE line. A new product destined to advance a rider’s adventure. The growth and evolution of the V-STROM series has continued since the line’s introduction twenty years ago. The new 800 V-STROMs feature the same all-around capabilities as Suzuki’s recently launched V-STROM 1050DE, but in a smaller displacement bike, offering middleweight performance, precise handling, and a wide set of features.
The V-STROM’s enduring popularity since 2002 has resulted in strong global sales results. To date, worldwide sales have totaled more than 440,000 units. And now the all-new V-STROM 800DE is ready to break new ground once again.
With the all-new V-STROM 800DE, Suzuki focused on advancing a rider’s adventure, while delivering on the needs of a broader V-STROM customer base. In response to these demands, Suzuki engineers’ objective was to design the ideal adventure package, with engine and frame size optimized for spirited adventure riding. Offering features that advance pure riding excitement no matter the adventure. A new level of versatility and performance was the goal.
To realize these diverse needs, multiple optimization tests were fielded, and consumer feedback was analyzed and implemented to achieve a balance between several factors. The new V-STROM 800DE’s design and specs were finalized through this strategic and constructive process. Resulting in an ideal package for riders.
With the ideal package realized, the V-STROM 800DE features Suzuki’s brand-new parallel twin 776cc DOHC, 4-valve-per-cylinder engine, a rugged new steel frame, the longest amount of suspension travel, and the tallest ground clearance of any V-STROM model ever.
Every aspect of the design is geared to satisfy riders demanding more power than a 650cc class bike may deliver, with the ability to tour comfortably, and confidently explore riding adventures no matter the road.
• Suzuki V-Strom 800DE Key Features
- New, compact 776cc parallel-twin engine uses a 270-degree firing order for strong torque delivery and is equipped with Suzuki’s exclusive Cross Balancer system for smooth operation.
- Equipped with the longest suspension and highest ground clearance of any V-Strom model, the V-STROM 800DE has a 21-inch front wheel for true off-road capability.
- The Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) includes Traction Control* with a trail-oriented GRAVEL mode plus rider-adjustable ABS** with two levels of sensitivity plus the ability to switch off the rear wheel ABS when riding off-road.
- New technology, Mono-focus LED headlights are vertically stacked with a position light below a trim, height-adjustable windscreen, while a multifunction full-color TFT instrument panel delivers a wealth of information.
- Visually stunning, the all-new angular bodywork retains Suzuki’s distinctive Adventure “beak” and is available in Champion Yellow No. 2 or Glass Matte Mechanical Gray topped with new, subtle graphics. The V-STROM 800DE Adventure is available in the popular Glass Sparkle Black color scheme.
• Suzuki 2023 V-STROM 800DE / Adventure Models
The V-STROM 800DE’s is designed to “Advance Your Adventure.” This conveys the V-STROM 800DE makes every ride feel like an interesting adventure, the type of adventure riders find inspiring and fun, whether that ride is a simple commute, conquering a scenic fire road, or experiencing an epic cross-country tour.
The V-STROM 800DE builds on the solid legacy earned by other models in the V-STROM family yet offers something different for riders seeking more power and advanced features than on the V-STROM 650.
Highlighted V-STROM 800DE features include increased suspension travel and taller ground clearance, wide tapered aluminum handlebars, a uniquely shaped aluminum swingarm, a 21-inch front wheel, inverted front forks, and a color TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel. All advancing adventure seamlessly.
The V-STROM 800DE also features advanced electronic control systems such as Suzuki Drive Mode Selector, the Suzuki Traction Control System* with G (Gravel) mode, Rear ABS** OFF mode, and Suzuki’s Bi-directional Quick Shift system.
The concept is also clearly reflected in the V- STROM 800DE’s thoroughly modern and aggressive adventure styling.
• Suzuki V-Strom 800DE New Parallel-Twin Engine
- The new design 776cc parallel-twin DOHC engine delivers a superb balance of smooth controllable torque-rich power from low RPM and freely revs up to its peak power output.
- The 270-degree crankshaft configuration provides similar power delivery characteristics as the 90-degree V-twins used in other V-Strom models, while producing a unique and exciting exhaust note.
- The spaced nature of the engine’s power pulses enhances traction and contributes to strong power output at low speeds, making the V-STROM 800DE easier to control on forest roads and trails.
- Suzuki Cross Balancer technology, used for the first time on a production motorcycle, helps create a compact, lightweight design delivering smoother operation.
- The pistons were developed using FEM (Infinite Element Method) analysis to maximize strength and minimize weight.
- The 83mm cylinder bores inside the aluminum die-cast cylinders are plated using Suzuki’s Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) process. Originally developed for racing and proven on the track, the SCEM cylinder promotes better heat dissipation, reduces friction, and provides a wear-resistant seal to the pistons’ rings.
- Dual, linked 42mm electronic throttle bodies provide an authentic response and feel to the rider’s throttle operation further advancing the adventure experience.
- The V-STROM 800DE employs two ten-hole, long-nose, 49 PSI (343kpa) high-pressure-feed fuel injectors maximizing fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and lower fuel use.
- The 6.0L air cleaner box shape and intake pipe lengths were created using computer-aided design to help maximize peak power output plus stronger torque production at low engine speed. Positioned under the seat, the air box size and shape contribute to the V-STROM 800DE’s slim and compact chassis.
- The stainless-steel 2-into-1 exhaust system uses a high-flow, dual-stage catalytic converter inside the mid-pipe that helps satisfy worldwide emissions standards. A long, upswept muffler is attractive, provides a throaty exhaust note, and is well-positioned for accessory mounting.
- A large-capacity radiator effectively cools the V-STROM 800DE’s parallel twin. A thermostatically controlled cooling fan helps stabilize coolant temperatures at low speed and stops.
- The unique cooling system inlet control thermostat valve helps maintain consistent engine temperature and smooths the idle speed during warm-up. This helps stabilize combustion and contributes to reduced exhaust emissions.
- The V-STROM 800DE is also equipped with a lightweight, compact liquid-cooled oil cooler to help reduce oil temperatures for smooth and reliable engine operation. The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) helps reduce fatigue on long rides and increases smoother shifting.
SUZUKI Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) Features
- A Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) that supports the rider in matching performance to the riding and road conditions, or the rider’s preferred riding style.
- In addition to its 3 standard mode settings (+ OFF), Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS) for the V-STROM 800DE introduces G (Gravel) mode as a fourth setting, designed to help riders better negotiate gravel roads and flat trails.
- Suzuki’s ride-by-wire electronic throttle control system offers throttle action that responds faithfully to the rider’s every input.
- Suzuki’s legendary and precise Bi-directional Quick Shift System (with ON/OFF settings) provides quicker, smoother, more assured shifting, without operating the clutch while in motion.
- The ABS system features a choice of two mode settings for differing road conditions, as well as a Rear ABS OFF mode, helping offer more rider control over braking on gravel.
- The Suzuki Easy Start System starts the engine with one quick press of the starter button.
- Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist function helps maintain engine idle speed for smoother and easier starts.
• Suzuki V-STROM 800DE / Adventure Styling
- V-STROM 800DE styling aims to set a new Suzuki styling trend and usher in a new era of functional beauty symbolizing the future of Suzuki design while paying full respect to the distinctive style of its V-STROM heritage.
- The distinctive V-STROM “beak” is positioned higher to convey the extended suspension stroke and the model’s ability to handle off-road terrain like flat gravel roads and trails.
- The headlight, rear combination light, and distinctive V-Strom exhaust system accentuate the image of readiness to excel off-road.
- Dynamic body graphics and colors that create an iconic, distinctive V-STROM presence.
- The V-STROM 800DE Adventure comes prepared for the paved and unpaved roads ahead with a set of black aluminum side cases, aluminum skid plate, and accessory bar.
The Champion Yellow No. 2 color scheme on the V-STROM 800DE and the Glass Sparkle Black paint on the V-STROM 800DE Adventure model have gold-anodized aluminum rims while the Glass Matte Mechanical Gray color on the V-STROM 800DE has black-anodized rims. MSRP TBA.
• Suzuki Genuine Accessories Available for the 2023 V-STROM 800DE / Adventure
Suzuki has a wide range of Genuine Suzuki Accessories specially developed so riders may personalize their V-STROM 800DE to their personal style and advance their riding by enhancing comfort, utility, protection, and appearance. This comprehensive list of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for the all-new V-STROM 800DE include: Aluminum Top Case, LED Fog Lamps, High Screen, Center Stand, Aluminum Side Case Set, Accessory Bar, Aluminum Skid Plate, Grip Heaters, Low Seat, High Seat, Plastic Top Case, Passenger Cushion For Plastic Top Case, Plastic Side Case Set, Large Plastic Top Case, Height Adjustable Brake Pedal, Mirror Extensions, Fuel Cap Protection Decal, Fuel Tank Protection Decals, Fuel Tank Pad, Navigation Bracket, Under Seat DC Socket.
Note: SUZUKI MOTOR CORPORATION reserves the right to add any improvement to change the design or to discontinue any Suzuki Genuine Accessories at any time without notice. Some Suzuki Genuine Accessories might not be compatible with local standards or statutory requirements. Please check with your local AUTHORIZED SUZUKI DEALER for details at the time of ordering.
Each 2023 V-STROM 800DE model is ready for the adventure ride almost any rider seeks. With a rare combination of off-road performance, riding versatility, and value, the V-STROM 800DE sets a new standard for a mid-sized adventure bike. After all, with the V-STROM 800DE Adventure is its Purpose.
*The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip
**Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
• What are the 2023 Suzuki V-Strom 800DE Specifications?
- Engine: 776cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC parallel-twin
- Bore x Stroke: 84.0 mm x 70 mm (3.3 in. x 2.8 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 12.8:1
- Fuel System: Fuel injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Force-fed circulation, wet sump
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate type
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: O-ring style chain
- Suspension, Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension, Rear: Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Rake / Trail: 28˚ / 114mm (4.5 in.)
- Brake, Front: Nissin, 2-piston calipers, dual 310mm discs,
- Brake, Rear: Nissin, 1-piston, single disc,
- Tire, Front: 90/60-21M/C (54H), tube-type
- Tire, Rear: 150/70R17 M/C (69V), tube-type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 20.0 L (5.3 US gal.)
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- Spark Plugs: Iridium type x 2
- Headlight: Mono-focus LED x 2
- Tail Light: LED
- Turn Signals: LED
- Overall Length: 2345 mm (92.3 in.)
- Overall Width: 975 mm (38.4 in.)
- Overall Height: 1310 mm (51.6 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1570 mm (61.8 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 170 mm (6.7 in.)
- Seat Height: 855 mm (33.7 in.)
- Curb Weight: 230 kg (507 lb.)
- Glass Matte Mechanical Gray
- Champion Yellow No. 2
Suzuki Motor USA, LLC (SMO) distributes Motorcycles, ATVs, Scooters, Accessories, and ECSTAR Oils & Chemicals via an extensive dealer network throughout 49 states. Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC), based in Hamamatsu, Japan, is a diversified worldwide manufacturer of Motorcycles, ATVs, Scooters, Automobiles, Outboard Motors, and related products. Founded in 1909 and incorporated in 1920, SMC has business relations with 201 countries/regions. For more information, visit www.suzuki.com.
MotoGP: LCR Honda abandona as pinturas de 2023
Honda apresenta kits personalizados para a CB350 Neo-Retro Roadster na Índia
Bering apresenta o novo colete de airbag sem fio E-Protect Air